CSF high school programs emphasize goal-setting, academic engagement and college preparation to help students meet the timelines and course requirements for graduation and entry into college programs. One program is the HERO program, geared for 9th and 10th graders. The other is the CSF Achievers Scholars program for 11th and 12th grades.
Higher Education Readiness Opportunity (HERO) - 9th/10th
- HERO advisors provide students with case management, grade and attendance monitoring, transcript analysis, college visits, leadership development, parent/guardian engagement, motivational speakers and college awareness activities.
- HERO and College Bound Scholarship (CBS) students will be encouraged to apply for the CSF Achievers Scholars program, the next step in CSF’s pipeline of supports.
Back to Top
CSF Achievers Scholars - 11th/12th
- Achievers Scholars receive the support and guidance low-income students need to successfully navigate their junior and senior years, including the college admissions/financial aid process and the transition from high school to college.
- College preparatory advisors (CPAs) are based in the school. They provide proactive academic advising, college planning information, grade and attendance monitoring and referrals for additional interventions. They also help students identify scholarship opportunities and complete the FAFSA on time.
- CPAs work closely with guidance counselors and assist with transcript reviews and academic monitoring.
- CSF Achievers Scholars must participate in mentoring services, provided by CSF’s Hometown Mentor program, where they are supported by a caring adult as they navigate the college admissions and financial aid processes.
Back to Top